Avocado + Coconut Face Mask
This weekend I made a delicious new face mask. And when I say delicious, I mean taste bud explosion delicious. Which is weird as it’s a face mask and I don’t normally eat my cosmetics. But it tasted so good that I had to stop myself from licking it off my face whilst it was working it’s magic. And not only does it taste good, it’s actually really good for your skin. The ingredients are literally this simple:
- Natural yoghurt
- Coconut oil; and
- Organic honey
But why is it so good for your skin I hear you ask…
- Avocados contain natural moisterising agents that smooth your skin, they are full of contain vitamin C to brighten any sunspots you may have and, combined with the yoghurt and honey, they help to get rid of dead skin cells for a radiant glow.
- Coconut oil contains vitamin E which is essential for healthy skin growth and keeping skin smooth. Importantly it also contains anti-aging qualities so will help to prevent wrinkles.
- Natural yoghurt is full of vitamins and minerals which help to hydrate and nourish the skin. It also contains anti-bacteria properties which can help to kill spots and calm acne.
- Finally, our dear friend honey is full of antioxidants which will slow down aging and the texture of honey helps to create a beautiful dewy glow.
So it’s amazing for your skin AND tastes good. What are you waiting for?!
- Mash ½ an avocado in a bowl
- Combine with a tablespoon of organic honey, a teaspoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of natural yoghurt
- Mix together, squishing as many lumps as possible. And, hey presto, you have a deliciously cool facemask!
- Apply a thick layer for 10-15 minutes and wash off with warm water.
- Finish with your normal moisteriser and your skin will feel amazing in the morning!
I'd love to hear how you get on! You can apply the face mask 2-3 times a week for maximum results and the mixture should last for a couple of days in the fridge.
Thank you so much for stopping by. Have a wonderful evening!